Under an agreement signed on 15 January 2010 by the Government of Catalonia, the Ministry of Education, "la Caixa" Foundation and the Atlàntida Association, Catalonia offers guidance and advice to people who have foreign university degrees about getting their professional and academic qualifications recognised.
SARU is a service that provides personalised information and support to people in the process of getting their qualifications from foreign universities recognised inSpain. However, because of rising demand it now also offers advice to people who want to emigrate about the procedures for accrediting or authenticating qualifications awarded in our country.
Because professional training and qualifications are of strategic importance for improving the country’s competitiveness and our economy needs more skilled professionals in most production sectors. Increased international mobility means that many people with foreign university degrees are coming to live in Catalonia, and SARU will support them throughout the process of getting their qualifications recognised and help them find jobs in which they can be used.
- It provides information and advice about the procedure for getting higher foreign university qualifications recognised.
- It mentors the service user during the entire recognition process.
- It provides personalised information, advice and guidance about recommended academic pathways for completing studies, fosters university recognition and improves CVs.
- It provides information and refers people to accreditation and authentication organisations for university degrees that are to be used abroad.
- It provides careers guidance to users based on their professional profiles.
Anyone legally resident in Catalonia who has a university degree issued by a foreign university or a qualification issued or approved in Spain that is to be used abroad.
SARU has an explanatory leaflet in Catalan, Spanish, English and French that includes basic information about the service, what it offers, who it is for and how to contact it. You can download the leaflet in PDF format here. It is also available in Employment Service of Catalonia (SOC) offices and other public and private agencies and services that deal with the public.
Servei d'Acompanyament al Reconeixement Universitari (SARU)
Via Laietana, 2,
Monday and Wednesday 9 am to 3 pm
Tuesday and Thursday 9 am to 5 pm
Friday 9 am to 2 pm
From august to 10 September 2015, opening hours are Monday to Friday 10 am to 2 pm
Tel.: +34 93 552 69 89
Here you will find information about recognition of foreign university degrees, recognition of equivalent degrees, recognition of qualifications and finding work.